The Transition Ministry is for clergy seeking new calls, clergy leaving their current congregation, and lay leaders seeking supply clergy to lead services during a clergy transition, sabbatical, or vacation will find resources here.
Below is a list of churches in our diocese that are in transition and their status. Please e-mail all inquiries and correspondence to the Rev. Canon Anita Braden, Canon to the Ordinary.
Congregations in Preliminary Stage
- St. Albans Episcopal Church, Tucson
Congregations Building their Portfolio
- All Saints of the Desert, Sun City
- Episcopal Church of the Epiphany, Flagstaff
- Good Sheperd of the Hills, Cave Creek
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Prescott
Congregations Receiving Names
- St. Alban’s, Wickenburg
- St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church, Sun City
Congregations in Discernment Stage
- Christ Church of the Ascension, Paradise Valley
- LCM| Chaplain/Pastor, Flagstaff
- Church of the Transfiguration, Mesa
- St. Andrew’s, Nogales
- St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Chandler
Congregations in Final Stage
Canon for Black Ministry – Episcopal Diocese of Arizona – Quarter Time
Time commitment: 10 hours per week
Salary: $15,000 per year
The primary focus of the Canon for Black Ministry is to connect Black Episcopalians around the Diocese through worship, formation, and fellowship.
- Work on intergenerational opportunities for ministry, collaborating with the Union of Black Episcopalians, Summer Camp, and other committees and structures of the Diocese
- Assist in identifying blind spots in systems and processes that may foster exclusion and division
Click HERE for the full job description. Interested parties should send a Resume and Cover Letter for lay applicants; or Resume, Cover Letter, and OTM Profile for Clergy applicants, to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2023
Chaplain – Full Time – Imago Dei Middle School, Tucson, Arizona
Imago Dei Middle School is a tuition-free, Episcopal middle school serving economically disadvantaged children and families in Tucson, Arizona. We are seeking a Chaplain who is called to animate and support the religious life of the Imago Dei community. The Chaplain is charged with overseeing all aspects of the spiritual life of Imago Dei including fostering and cultivating the Episcopal identity of the school, overseeing the care and scheduling of the school chapel, planning worship services, including collaborating with the music department, and student/community leadership, planning of special services, and much more. To learn more or to apply for this position CLICK HERE, or visit their website at https://www.imagodeischool.org/
Updated November 23rd, 2022
Exiting a Congregation Well: Guidelines for Clergy
Clergy Directory & Supply List
Download the Clergy Directory. This PDF is password protected. If you do not have the password, please email email@example.com.
Download the Clergy Supply List. (updated 3/17/2023) This PDF is password protected. If you do not have the password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following may be understood as “norms” recognizing that specific circumstances may dictate some variation. Clergy are free to negotiate the fee they wish to receive for services rendered. It is important that the fee be agreed upon at the time the services are arranged. Supply clergy are reimbursed for all related expenses: meals, lodging, and travel (mileage).
- One weekday service with brief homily OR Celebrant only (not giving a sermon): minimum $100
- One principal service (Sunday/Major Feast) with a sermon: minimum $150
- Two Sunday services including sermon(s): minimum $200