The Rev. Canon Timothy M. Dombek, Canon for Stewardship and Planned Giving
Contact Canon Dombek if you have questions or need assistance with stewardship and giving.
Phone: 623-584-0350 | Email: email@example.com
The Episcopal Network for Stewardship
The Diocese of Arizona is a member diocese of The Episcopal Network for Stewardship (TENS). TENS offers members a fresh theme and materials each year for their annual giving campaigns and additional resources.
TENS Member-Only Access
To access TENS resources, visit www.TENS.org, click on member resources, and enter “James1:17”
In the changing economic climate in which we find ourselves, attending to the way we listen to our people, engaging them in financial support of our congregations, thanking them for their gifts, and reporting on how their financial support transforms lives, is more important than ever. Stewardship University is an educational opportunity for just that kind of reorientation. True stewardship is all about perceiving what we are and what we have as gifts from God. From these gifts, we generously–“with gladness and singleness of heart”–share a portion of them with the people and the world around us, rather than seeing them merely as possessions to be hoarded and guarded at all costs.
In its best light, Stewardship becomes a foundational principle, if not THE organizing principle, of the Christian life. We are stewards of the mysteries of God, stewards of one another, stewards of the world in which we are planted, stewards of our time, our treasure and personal skills, gifts, and abilities. Attend a Stewardship University (“Stew U”) to find out how that approach becomes increased financial support for your congregation.
- Raising Funds in Tough Times
- Ten Biblical Reasons to Give 10% or More of Your Income
- What You Pass On
- Eight Reasons People Are Donors
- 10 Characteristics of Spiritual Gifts
- Gratitude Boxes
- Membership or Discipleship
- Why Clergy Should Know Confidentially What Their People Give
- Generic Pledge Form
- Charles R. Lane – Ask, Thank, Tell: Improving Stewardship Ministry in your Congregation
- J. Clif Christopher – Not Your Parent’s Offering Plate: A New Vision for Financial Stewardship
- Timothy Dombek and Michael Durall – Making the Annual Pledge Drive Obsolete
- J. Clif Christopher – Whose Offering Plate Is It: New Strategies for Financial Stewardship
- Gerald Keucher – Remember the Future: Financial Leadership and Asset Management for Congregations
Spiritual Gift Inventories
- Finding Your Spiritual Gifts Self-Assessment (from the ELCA)
- SpiritualGiftsTest.com (includes Adult and Youth inventories)
- Discovering Your Spiritual Gifts (from St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Seattle, WA)