The Standing Committee serves as a council of advice for the bishop and a decision-making body for the Diocese of Arizona between Diocesan Conventions. It performs canonically required duties such as the recommendation of persons for ordination, and consent to the election of bishops throughout the Episcopal Church. It also approves the sale or encumbrance of congregational property, substantial property repairs for Missions of the Diocese, and can amend the diocesan budget.
The Finance, Investment, and Chapel Rock Committees all report to the Standing Committee.
The Standing Committee is composed of equal numbers of active, resident clergy and lay members of the diocese who are elected by the convention to three-year terms.
Standing Committee Members
- The Rev. Gerardo Brambila
- Cody Bro
- Canon Lisa Derrick
- Sara Haas
- The Rev. Michael Halle
- The Rev. Canon David Hedges
- The Rev. Dr. Robin Hollis
- Dr. Stanlie James
- Canon Clyde Kunz
- The Rev. Alison Lee
- The Rev. Canon Susana Santibanez
- Mae Sinclair
- Donald Bivens, Chancellor
- The Rev. Canon Anita Braden, Canon to the Ordinary
- The Ven. Amt Bryan, Archdeacon
- The Rev. Perry Pauley, Secretary to Convention
- Suzy Mortenson, Diocesan Treasurer
- Kelly Wood, Executive Director of Chapel Rock