Jesus calls us to live into a “borderlands spirituality” which straddles the frontier between the Kingdom of God made real and the Kingdom yet to come. Cruzando Fronteras (CF) is a collaboration among the Diocese of Arizona, the Grand Canyon Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Anglican Diocese of Western Mexico and the Southwestern Conference of the United Church of Christ.
Five Points of Cruzando Fronteras Ministries:
- Prayer and relational action with those involved in global mission along the Arizona/Sonora corridor;
- Humanitarian advocacy for migrants, refugees, detainees, and all who live in Las Fronteras;
- Promotion of comprehensive immigration reform;
- Expanded church relationships with Lutheran & Anglican communities in Mexico, Latin America & globally;
- Latino/Hispanic congregational development in the region
Covenant between Cruzando Fronteras and La Casa de Misericordia (Borderlinks, AC)
Pacto entre Cruzando Fronteras y La Casa de Misericordia (Borderlinks, AC) / Covenant between Cruzando Fronteras and La Casa de Misericordia (Borderlinks, AC)
Cruzando Fronteras Steering Committee
Chair: Pastor Randy Mayer, Good Shepherd UCC, Suarita, AZ.
- Sister Angelica “Lika” Macias, Director of La Casa de Misericordia y de Todas Naciones, Nogales, Sonora
- Bishop Deborah Hutterer, Bishop of the Grand Canyon Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Rev. Mateo Chavez, Iglesia Luterana San Juan Bautista, Tucson, AZ.
- Annette Chavez, Iglesia Luterana San Juan Bautista, Tucson, AZ.
- Rev. Sarah Birdsal, Treasurer, Pastor of Grace Lutheran Church, Phoenix, AZ.
- Veronica Alvarez, Bookkeeper
- The Reverend Dan Messier, Interim Rector, San Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Nogales, AZ
- The Reverend David Chavez, Canon for Border Ministries, The Episcopal Diocese of Arizona
- The Reverend Jesus David Portillo, The Diocese of Western Mexico
Contact: the Rev. Canon David Ulloa Chavez
In Partnership With
Cruzando Fronteres is a partnership of the Grand Canyon Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Southwest Conference of the United Church of Christ and the Episcopal Diocese of Arizona.