Prayer and Worship
- The Book of Common Prayer — “Prayers for the Natural Order,” pp. 827-828; Collects for Various Occasions “For Rogation Days,” pp. 207-208 (traditional), pp. 258-250 (contemporary)
- A New Zealand Prayer Book (Historical Content) — pp. 569-570, 613, 625
- Creation Care Prayers from the Church of England Environment Programme.
- Daily Prayer for all Seasons, “Ordinary Time: Creation,” pp. 120-136.
- Liturgical Materials for Honoring God in Creation includes Propers for Honoring God in Creation; Prayers of the People Honoring God in Creation; A Confession of Sin against God’s Creation; A Litany for the Planet; A Rogation Day Procession and Liturgy; Prayers for Rogation Days: A Rite for the Blessing of a Garden; A Liturgy in Thanksgiving for Creation and in Honor of the Feast of St. Francis, with the Blessing of Animals; and Additional Readings and Resources for St. Francis Day. This material is also available in the 2018 Book of Occasional Services, beginning on p. 289. En Español aquí.
- Creation-themed Eucharistic Prayer adapted from the Church of the Woods, Diocese of New Hampshire
- Scriptures related to Care of Creation from The Episcopal Church
- “Holy Earth, Holy People: Restoring God’s Creation,” a liturgy from the Diocese of Western Massachusetts (more info)
- Earth Prayers: 365 Prayers, Poems, and Invocations from Around the World, Elizabeth Roberts and Elias Amidon, editors — a collection of prayers from all the world and from all historical periods.
- Honoring the Earth: A Journal of New Earth Prayers, Elizabeth Roberts and Elias Amidon, editors — a companion to Earth Prayers featuring earth prayers, the words of poets and spiritual teachers, and blank pages on which readers can record their thoughts.
- The Green Devotional: Active Prayers for a Healthy Planet, by Karen Speerstra — collection of quotes, poems, essays, and prayers.
- Earth Gospel: A Guide to Prayer for God’s Creation, by Sam Hamilton-Poore — a weaving of prayer, scripture and reflections, laid out by morning, noon and evening.
- A Celtic Primer: The Complete Celtic Worship Resource and Collection, by Brendan O’Malley — collection of poems and prayers, ancient and contemporary, organized as a resource for personal devotion or liturgical use preparing daily prayer services in the Celtic monastic tradition.
- Earth and All the Stars: Reconnecting with Nature through Hymns, Stories, Poems, and Prayers from the World’s Great Religions and Cultures, by Anne Rowthorn — a global anthology of prayers, litanies, songs, and meditations in celebration of the earth.
- Let All Creation Praise — hymn resources
- List of creation-centered hymns from Interfaith Power & Light
- God’s Good Earth: Praise and Prayer for Creation, by Anne and Jeffery Rowthorn – contains a hymn at the close of each liturgy and a list of supplemental hymns in the back.
- Creation-Crisis Preaching: Ecology, Theology, and the Pulpit by Leah D. Schade
- The Season of Creation: A Preaching Commentary, Norman C. Habel, David Rhoads, and H. Paul Santmire, editors
- Earth & Word: Classic Sermons on Saving the Planet, David Rhoads, editor