By the Rev. Canon Jana Sundin, Canon for Children and Youth and Deanna Fair, Summer Camp Manager
We missed camp so much last year and are excited to share that we are open for camp this summer. We can’t wait to have campers join us again at Chapel Rock! We have developed COVID-19 safety protocols using local, state, and federal guidelines to keep campers and staff safe. Campers will remain in cabin pods for the week and will wear masks for all indoor activities except eating and sleeping. Read more about safety protocols on our newly renovated website: chapelrock.net!
This year, we will be focusing on friendship, community, and the courage to be yourself. We will spend each week in fun, music, art, games, prayer, and outdoor adventure, and our time together will be guided by Parker Palmer’s Habits of the Heart, working toward the following goals:
- Recognizing that we are all in this together
- Developing an appreciation of the value of “otherness”
- Holding tension in life-giving ways, staying in relationship through disagreement
- Developing a sense of personal voice and agency
- Cultivating the capacity to create community
- Hearing and reflecting that all these goals are part of God’s vision for the world, and we do everything with the help and companionship of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit
Please tell everyone you know between the ages of 5 and 18 about summer camp at Chapel Rock, and please give generously to support Chapel Rock’s commitment to accepting every camper, regardless of ability to pay.
Finally, Summer Family Camp, for households of any shape or size, with or without kids, is July 1-4! Visit the website for more information.